...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Can't work be this rewarding every day?

First, found a notice in my mail box that yes, I do get my raise this month. Then I had my first official evaluation - all good scores, and I am now a "permanent" employee as opposed to a probationary one. Then, back to my desk, with the phone ringing - turns out to be payroll saying "oops", they made a mistake - owed me a(nother) raise since December and they've accidentally been taking retirement out of my checks, so I get all the retirement money back, along with back pay at the end of the month! The amount they're refunding me is twice what I just spent on summer clothes for my ever-growing elflings. Not a bad day at work!

Other than that, I got 99 out of 100 on my art history paper. I think I did okay on the midterm for that class. I have another anthro "midterm" next week or the week after, so I had better get to studying.

1 comment:

  1. WoHoo sounds like it was a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)