...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Just a quick note...

C.O.'s Chickenque poster was published in our county homeschooling newsletter! Too cool - I opened it up, and there it was! He's delighted too, and I am definately saving this issue.

We had a great homeschool day today. I met with his teacher, who told me that thanks to all the work C.O.'s put in this year, he'll officially be doing second grade work next year, for his first grade year. Definately a sign that we've accomplished something. Then she and I started browsing through all the available curriculum choices, everything from real textbooks (which I dislike and she strongly discourages for many subjects) to Oak Meadow. I am such a geek - I have tons of fun digging through all that stuff. C.O. read out loud for us (a Bob book) and did it perfectly. Then we came home, dashed through a math lesson, and the 4 pages left in HWOT, and ran off to a park since the weather is gorgeous again. C.J. hasn't wanted to homeschool so much this week - she's too busy drawing very intricately decorated Easter eggs!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Isn't it such a great feeling to see our kids excel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, C.O! Supercool. I'd have made copies and mailed them out to relatives .... strangers .... the media ... LOL

    And, hey, you've got to post some pics of intricately designed eggs!

    Thanks for the explanation of your geography books by the way, on my blog comments.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)