...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Sunny skies...

I love the weather the last couple of days! Yesterday we went to our homeschool park day, taking cupcakes, frosting and sprinkles with us, to celebrate C.J.'s birthday with her friends. The few kids that were there had a blast decorating their own cupcakes, and they all ate a lot of them. I am sorry to any moms whose kids went home hyper from all the sugar! C.J. even got a surprise present - a little bear you can draw on, wash, draw on, and so forth, from her favorite friends. She loves it - she's barely put it down since yesterday! As usual, it was a bit difficult seperating them from their friends at the end of the day, but I don't blame them. They had a lot of fun, and the sunshine was warm, the sky blue.

Today, C.J. got her ears pierced - she looks beautiful with her sparkly little pink gemstone earrings. She was nervous, but got through it like a champ. She has been showing them off since we got home. I had to immediately take her over to her Nonna's house, which fortunately is only a few blocks away, and she can't wait for her birthday party tomorrow, when she can show them to everyone else! We also went to the bookstore, where the kids each picked out a puzzle book from the discount rack, and I found a children's atlas, an illustrated book of Aesop's Fables, and a book of poetry for children, all at quite inexpensive prices.

We've been doing school work the last couple of days after taking Wednesday off, but it's been a light load of work, mainly math and phonics, and a bunch of story-reading. A friend alerted me to a message board where I learned about R.E.A.L. science, so now I have even more choices to deliberate over for next year. Thanks to my art history class this semester, I think I'm set for art (appreciation) next year; I've got the basics of history, math, and language arts figured out, but science is a puzzle still, mainly because there are several excellent options out there, and it is very hard to choose just one. For C.J., we'll be doing history, art appreciation, Saxon Math K, and probably Letter of the Week, for her 'official' pre-K year, since she's really enjoying having homeschool lessons of her own to work on.

Well, it's still not quite here, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAIRY GIRL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)