...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, June 3, 2007

5/26 through 6/3... Catching up...

We've been just moving along here, with schoolwork that is. We have officially finished Saxon Math 1, and C.O. has reached the goals I set for him in his language arts studies. So what are we doing now? C.O. is finishing the illustrations for his story of The 3 Little Pigs and the Big Ugly Bear. He's building a dinosaur diorama (he's totally excited about this as he loved the dioramas in Night At The Museum). He's running, playing, biking, and relaxing. C.J. is very intent on vegetables lately - she spends hours at a time going thorugh various gardening books looking at all the photos/illustrations of the vegetables. She spends hours of her day playing in the sand box. Though I still have one meeting left with C.O.'s IST, we're essentially starting summer vacation now!

I too am finished with my classes until mid-June, so I am focusing on finanaces and housework for the next couple of weeks... you know, the fun stuff! I never got my spring-cleaning done this year, so instead I am doing early-summer-cleaning. I'd like the house to be in great shape - beyond great shape if possible - by midsummer. Just because. So I am scrubbing grout, rearranging furniture, getting rid of yet more outgrown clothes, books (including some of mine), toys...

We had fun this last Friday evening! We went with BIL to the
Sausalito Jazz & Blues By The Bay. We had a picnic, listened to live music, watched boats, and met some really great people. BIL knows some people that own a small funky houseboat down there, so the kids and I got to go on a houseboat for the first time ever! M has been on one before, but he still thought it was all pretty cool. We got a standing invitation to come back anytime, and to go out on the whale watching boat these people run! I used to go sailing, with my mom's (now deceased) ex-boyfriend - we once sailed from Tomales Bay to Santa Cruz, and I love being near the water. C.O. wants desperately for us to buy a boat now instead of saving for a real house... it is kind of tempting!

2 comments:

  1. Everything all right, girl? You haven't posted in a while ... Hope you're feeling all right ...


    (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn't posted and hasn't been showing up to stuff either... is everything all right?

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)