...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Hmmmm.....

Thought I'd update at last.... let's see....

Due to an increase in child support, both M and I are looking for second (or in my case possibly other) jobs, as M's job hasn't gone fulltime yet. I am still looking at part-time, though maybe a few more hours than I work now.

School is going well. I am actually finished for the semester, and gearing up for the summer semester. I have one year left at this college, then I transfer to a four-year one. Scary. Still maintaining a 3.5, which is far better than I ever did in high school! If I can get it up to a 3.6, I'll have high honors, which makes me laugh considering I barely graduated 12th grade (okay, I hated high school, homework, etc.).

C.O. has finished the first grade in kindergarten, so in the fall he'll be doing second grade for first. C.J. will be technically preK this fall, doing kindergarten work, since she's always eager to homeschool - "let's do homeschooling NOW... pleeeeeeaaaase". Might as well take advantage of it! Due to fairly recent birthdays, I am now mom to a SIX year old and a FOUR year old - not sure how this got here so fast! Odds and ends of news: C.O. is growing his hair out this summer; C.J. loves her ballet classes and wants to be a dancer; I'm working on a handcrafted furniture line to go with my mom's
Hitty dolls.

Other than that, nothing new here. Just slogging along living life! Looking forward to a long, hot, semi-lazy summer (well, except for school, work, the little things). I hope to get in a few little trips over the next few months, like the zoo, science museum, county fair, and so forth. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job with school!!You getting yourself there, continuing on and getting such great marks. Also with the kids teaching them so well at home, I applaud you and could use some tips to make it fun so I can get my boys to want to sit down and learn with me

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)