...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I hate this week...

Sorry to have such a negative title, but OMG this week has been awful. I've barely seen the kids all week, and by the time I get a day off (Saturday), I will have worked 12 days in a row. Mostly two jobs, plus class. I think I am going crazy. Tomorrow, I only have class and one job to go to. And, I amazingly get the whole weekend off! Finally, a few minutes to spend with my kids. It's been really hard being away from them so much, although my mom's been great with them!

Speaking of the kids.... they did the worst thing today. They were playing out in the tiny backyard at my mom's, fighting, like they've been doing a lot lately, and both of them started screaming. They screamed so much that a neighbor called the police, afraid that they were being abused. My mom was shocked when 2 cops arrived. Apparently, they (the police) had a good talk with the kids about not screaming, so we'll see how well that worked. M has been telling them for a long time that this would happen eventually, since they do scream like they're being murdered. Thankfully, no harm came to anyone.

Anyhow, I am very, very tired. I get my first paycheck tomorrow - hope it's worthwhile. I need about a million hours of sleep. Just thought I'd give y'all an update.

4 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing! It'll get better soon.

    I can't believe someone called the cops on your kids, lol. I'm surprised no one ever calls me in for abuse when I try to brush Cassia's hair. That's a good one because it's full of hysterical "You're hurting me, Mommy!! STOP!!" comments. And then, "Oh are you done?" as she happily skips off.

    While I have you here... see if you can't get July 22nd free. Birthday party for my two C's. :)

    Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, G, that sounds like a really, really hard time. (HUGS) Man. I do hope things get better soon ...

    And NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY about someone calling the cops. Holy cow. I can't believe that. My girl is a screamer, and I've actually told her that someone might call the cops on her because it sounds just awful. When she was little and I put her in time out, she'd SCREAM, "Mommy, why are you doing this to me? Why are you doing this?" I so expected to see the cops show up. Fortunately, our neighbors had children louder than mine are (amazing but true), so they never called. But, YIKES! I would've just bee floored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I might share this with my 7 year old who screams quite often himself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again.

    I shared this story with my daughter, the screamer, and it really sort of freaked her out. In the kiddie pool yesterday, she did so much better than the usual horror-film screechin'. And when her brother tried to get loud, she said, "You want them to call the cops?"

    LOL

    (My son's like, "What's a cop?")

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)