...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yes, I'm still alive...

We've been going through a really difficult financial situation here - they upped M's child support with no warning, as we had gotten behind a bit last year (he has a 13 year old son we very rarely see), so we've been totally scrambling just to make ends meet. I admit, the whole situation has gotten me down quite a bit, which is one of the reasons I haven't been going anywhere - being angry, upset and resentful does not make me a fun person. Plus my inlaws drove in from Arizona last week and showed up on 4H Family Night. It's just been a very difficult couple of weeks. We're filing to have the child support lowered, but somehow that part can take up to 180 days, if the other parent doesn't object, and believe me, she will. My nice little part-time job only lasts 10 months out of the year, so I only have income through the end of this month, which is adding to the whole stress thing. But, M is looking for supplemental work, and he is getting more hours at his current job starting next week. I am trying to have faith that things will get better. I have applied for a couple of positions too, and called the temp agency last week, so hopefully we'll get through this rough patch intact. M wants me home at least half the time, plus I am really trying to finish college, and I still have a way to go!

Anyhow, not much else going on here. I have hit the treadmill TWO days already this week (and got up to a comfortable slow run), and today I took the kids to our apartment complex's pool. I swam laps while they splashed around in their little innertubes.

C.J. has finished with ballet for now. I think if she returns to ballet in the fall, we will find another teacher, as this one kept missing classes (well, okay, she missed 2 out of 8). C.O. got his white belt! That's the first step in Aikido, and then in his class, they add colored stripes to the belt - he'll get red in the fall when he returns. We're offically on summer vacation now, and C.O. has officially graduated kindergarten.

Thank you
Maria and Jenny for thinking of me!

2 comments:

  1. G,
    That sounds like an awful lot of emotional stuff to go through. I'm so sorry. (((((((((hug))))))))))) How hard that must be.

    And I do know about financial worries. Sigh. We live in a very, very expensive area, and we should move somewhere cheaper, but cheaper is far, far away from family, and I can't do it. I just can't. So, we're just getting on our squeaky-tight budget and try not to panic.

    It's hard, though. Essie's dentist bill is huge, DH's work is hanging on by a thread (rumors of the eighth lay-off in three years are everywhere), and I wish I could contribute somehow. I hate stressing about money, but I really try and just focus on my tasks on hand. And I remind myself a lot that the kids don't know that we stress about money, for they are having too much fun enjoying their childhood. I make myself play with them and read to them when I get very down, for it helps me appreciate them. And I pray and try to just hope for the best. I know, though, how hard it can be. You're not alone. And if you feel like just hiding out and being sad and not posting, that is perfectly understandable. Be sad or angry, girlfriend, if you feel like it. Just please be sure not to let it last too long ... ((((HUG)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, {hugs}. I am so sorry you're having a rough time. Maria has a great point about the kids having happy childhoods. A squeaky tight budget in a loving family is much better than lots of money but no parents around because they are working too hard.

    Looks like that Pathways teacher jumped all over your homeschool art classes, didn't she. I was bummed to see that. Have you thought about selling Usborne books or something? I keep thinking about that but I'm sure I'd end up spending more than I made, lol.

    Anyway, hope to see you around again soon. Good luck finding a job that you can live with. {{Hugs}} again.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)