...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Feels like fall...

Cooler outside, with a brief, intense rainstorm in our neighborhood. The wind is blowing, howling in the eaves. My absolutely favorite season - I love fall, when the air is crisp, and the leaves change color. I keep thinking of autumn things, like corn mazes, gourds, pumpkin muffins, mushroom-barley soup, hot tea, walks on windy days...

Anyhow, on Saturday Elf, Fairy and I curled up on the couch to watch Walking with Cavemen. Fairy fell asleep about halfway through, but Elf and I watched every moment eagerly. It's so nice to have someone else in the house that is fascinated by this stuff! By the end of it, Elf was trying to figure out which of our human ancestors contributed what to the mix we are now.

Today we got a chance to actually sit down and "do school" (okay, it's been a really busy week). Fairy wasn't really interested, so after doing her Meeting Book, she ran off to play with her "babies", leaving me with some one-on-one time with Elf. We blazed through 2 pages of math, 2 handwriting pages, and 3 pages of phonics, before Fairy came back, just in time for the first chapter in our Animal Encyclopedia - animals of the ice and tundra. Both kids loved all the pictures of the animals, especially the penguins and caribou. Elf is working on a drawing of a caribou, which I'll post when he finishes. He's also really enjoying Spanish class on early Wednesday afternoons - today they worked on the names of body parts.

Tomorrow I hope we'll get a chance to read chapter one in SOTW. I work, all day pretty much, so we'll see how it goes (yeah, they messed up on my schedule at work).

1 comment:

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)