...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, September 29, 2007

What a nice day...

I got up early this morning to go interview for the good grocery store, and they'll be calling me in 1-2 weeks with details on starting around mid-November! The new store opens officially the first week of December. Turns out they love ex-corporate-grocery-store employees because we are very well trained. As a bonus, my sister, who was also applying, brought me a lovely latte, which I rarely buy myself because they're just too expensive.

So that put me in a good mood. Then I came home, had some coffee and read for a while, cleaned the kitchen, and baked a lemon cake for my friend W's (late) birthday celebration. M cooked dinner this evening, and the kids, W and I cleaned up all the old branches from the apple tree in the backyard - they, along with about a million little apples, have been cluttering the ground out there for a couple of weeks now. Without them, the yard looks much better, although still dead. I think I am going to make apple butter with the remaining million apples on the tree. Wouldn't that taste wonderful on fresh-baked bread in the winter?

Then, my mom sent me pics of curtain material for the kids' room, that she bought and that I will sew. I'll post pics when they're up. Suffice to say, they will go nicely with the rug, but thankfully I don't think they'll be overwhelming.

I think I'm off now to brew some tea and bathe the elflings, who are at the moment possibly quite the dirtiest children in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, can I put in an order for a jar of that apple butter?

    LOL about the curtain comment. I can just imagine. Kids love bright and crazy though. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that sounds like a neat sort of day.

    And, oh, please, G, please, please do send me the recipe for apple butter! I was *just* talking about that with Essie, and I was thinking we should make some, but, you know, I don't know how to. LOL

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)