...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, March 12, 2007

Beautiful...

My daily drive to work, that is. It's only about 5 and a half miles each way. I avoid main roads as much as possible, always, preferring the twisty little, moderately unknown roads instead. Half my drive is on one such road, full of 45-degree turns, and a one-lane bridge. It goes past vineyards, a eucalyptus grove, and an ancient prune-plum orchard. Today there were remnants of fog hanging in the trees, with the sunrise turning it all red. Just beautiful, looking out over a field, toward a group of giant oak trees, gold and red mist everywhere.

I am going through a period of household purging, finally. For some reason, I suddenly feel ready to get rid of things I have been hanging on to for years, like the box I pulled out of the elflings' closet this weekend, full of barely-worn baby and toddler shoes. I am keeping a couple of pairs, for sentimental reasons, but the rest are getting donated. Same with baby clothes, kids' toys and books, and my own books and magazine archives. I want to have more of a sense of space at home, and less clutter. I can see that this will be an ongoing process for some time, with the sheer amount of stuff I have. The elflings understand that they will have more room for new things too if they help get rid of the old ones.

Other than that, I am keeping very busy, with work, college (I have an art history midterm this week), homeschooling, housework, extracurricular activities (only 2 this week, both 4-H related), and life in general. Still haven't found time to learn to knit!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a heavenly drive. And great job on the purging. I get there and then like a jinx don't get rid of baby just because now I just afraid that as soon as I do you know what will happen and I don't want that, lol. But that at least is in the attic out of site, it is the whole basement I need to declutter at my house

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)