...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Birthday!

Today was my girl's birthday! She enjoyed all her myriad of gifts (especially the "jewelry" set from her brother), and her afternoon at the park, where she rode ponies, the merry-go-round, and the train! We had a good time with the family - both sides, and the weather, while not as gorgeous as the last 2 days, at least cooperated enough to stay warmish and dry.

Here's my girl on the merry-go-round...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's her 'strawberry lemonade' cake (strawberry cake, lemon filling, lemon cream frosting) - I had to share this because I think it turned out quite well...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Altogether, it has been a very nice day. C.J. is very tired now, and cosy in my bed watching Cinderella, after devouring on her specially requested birthday dinner of homemade Chinese chicken wings and fruit salad. C.O. got a couple of small toys too, and is busily playing with, and improving, the Lego ambulance he spent the evening putting together. Back to normal life tomorrow, so I am off to do my evening round of tidying up, getting stuff ready for tomorrow, and then getting ready for bed myself.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that cake is gorgeous!! Happy birthday again, CJ!! I can't wait to see how beautiful she looks with her new sparklies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm, have I posted here before or am I accidentally delurking???

    I'm Jenny's friend, too. =D

    That's a beautiful cake and you've got a sweet little gal. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)