...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, March 2, 2007

Sunshine, tax refund...

Starting out to be a good day! I wasn't expecting the tax refund until the end of the month, so the boost in my bank account was a welcome surprise today. The sunshine is nice too after a few days of rain, though the elflings and I did see the most wonderful rainbow yesterday shortly before sunset. There was the primary rainbow, from one horizon all the way over to the other, very bright, with reversed rainbows above and inside it, all framing the moon in a steel-blue sky. Just beautiful. We stood in the parking lot of our complex, in the rain, just staring at it for about 20 minutes, until the secondary rainbows began to fade. I went out half an hour later to out in a load of laundry and the primary rainbow was still there! It didn't fade completely until sunset.

Spoke to our landlord yesterday when I paid rent. I mentioned that our lease ends this month, and before I got any further, he asked if we would consider renewing, since we're "great tenants". So, I think M & I are making the right decision for now.

In other news, my fairy girl is turning FOUR on Sunday. Just incredible to me how fast it's going by. She's getting to be very grown-up, very quickly, in most ways. She's cooking now, learning to sew, learning basic math skills, developing lovely handwriting, and still a bit shy, and very cuddly. She loves fairies, princesses, painting/drawing, digging in the dirt/sand, running, dancing, her scooter, and ponies. She makes up little songs about everyday things, and is very tactile-oriented. To me she is the most beautiful little girl in the world. Today we're taking cupcakes (along with frosting & many types of sprinkles) to our homeschool park day, and Sunday we're having our family party at another park, where there is a carousel, and real ponies! I have a little more shopping to do, and tomorrow we're going to see if she wants her ears pierced. There's a shop nearby that does both ears at once, so I though I'd take her there and let her pick out a pair of piercing studs, and go from there. Then she and I can have a nice lunch out, just girl time. I took C.O. out yesterday so he could pick out a present for his little sister - he got her some dress-up costume jewelry, which I think she'll love.

Couple more months and my elf boy will be SIX!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)