...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, March 5, 2007

Trying new things...

I just finished signing the children up for new classes, both of which start next month. They decided, after much thinking, that since they have tried gymnastics already, they were ready to try new things, so C.O. will be taking Aikido once a week, and C.J. will be checking out ballet classes - also once a week, both through the city parks department, since it is an inexpensive way to get an introduction to things. Of course the classes are on seperate days, which means we have something going on nearly every day of the week! But we'll figure that out later. My mom will have to take C.J. to 2 of her 8 classes, as they are on the same days (and in the middle of) C.O.'s Lego Engineering project, but I'll be there for 6 of the classes, so I think that will work out pretty well.

Still no decision on science, or whether or not we're going solo next year, or sticking with the charter school. What I need to do is contact C.O.'s teacher, and find out what their goals for first grade are, and go from there, since I know I want to follow a classical education outline.

Today we plan on doing math, language arts and social studies, maybe coloring a U.S. map by different regions. We did 4 out of 5 days I had planned last week, so I think we're doing fairly well with lesson plans, though we'll still shoot for 5 days this week! We also have a couple of afternoon activities this week - a field trip and a project meeting, so we'll be keeping busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)