...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, April 27, 2007

Ballerina girl...

Second ballet class today, and C.J. really adores her classes.



She even got picked out to show the class proper toe-pointing-while-jumping! (Yes, I know I'm bragging like every typical mom, but she's so proud I can't help it!) Isn't she cute?



C.O.'s Aikido class was canceled this week, as the building its in was being used for a major conference - he was really bummed, but he'll be back in class on Monday. Other than that, we've been bad about school. Barely any seatwork all week, but, C.O. has been playing with his old Talk & Learn Phonics Notebook, a hand-me-down from a cousin. He's been spelling words on it like crazy for the last 3 days. He also helped me figure out prices and weights at the grocery store. So he's learning!

C.J. has been on a weird kick this week - she's been telling, with some accuracy, the story of her birth to anyone who will listen. Her main inaccuracy is in her description of her brother clapping and yelling "yaaaay" when she appeared! I think she's basing that off pictures of him looking at his new baby sister with a rapturous expression - he was the first person she reached out for and grabbed onto. I just wish they were that thrilled with each other now. They do still play together, don't get me wrong, and they do love each other, but you know how kids can argue!

That's about it from here....

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! She is so adorable! My Cassia is so jealous. I told her she could enroll in the summer program at our studio and then, if she likes it, we can sign her up for regular classes in the fall. (They "don't recommend" that she start regular classes now as they are rehearsing for the annual show in June.) Anyway, C&C keep pestering me and both saying, "but it's not fair! Why does C.J. get to start ballet class now??"

    But as you said, you know how kids are, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who defines herself as semi-crunchy and loving books is welcome to link to my blog. Thanks for visiting.
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/SmallWorld

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)