...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Give me a title...

other than "update" or something along those lines.

Not really much going on here! C.O. has been doing his language arts and math most days, which are the only books we haven't finished yet for this school year. He spends a lot of time drawing and/or coloring. C.J. finally has the entire alphabet song down pat, but only if you yell "H" when she hits "g", otherwise she just continues on to "w x y and z... now I know my ABC's etc.". Speaking of C.J., she had her first ballet class last week, and loved loved loved it. She looks really adorable in her little leotard, skirt and tiny ballet slippers, and she enjoyed all the twirling and toe-pointing. I think, like C.O. with Aikido, I may have found my child's physical activity of choice (besides bike riding, ball throwing, running, spinning, tag playing). She hasn't been overly interested in sit-down, worksheet-type homeschooling lately, which is fine at her age.

Took C.O. to the dentist again yesterday for his second-to-last filling (poor guy seems to have inherited his daddy's weak tooth enamel). He was so brave, and good, the entire time. One more filling next week, and then we should be out of the woods. I have also been calling around looking for a dr's office for their checkups, etc. When we moved out of county 2 and a half years ago, I found another dr's office through word-of-mouth. I filled out all the paperwork to have the kids' records sent. The out-of-county dr's office claims, to this day, that they never recieved the records from our original pediatrician (wish his office took our insurance). Original ped's office claims they sent the records certified, so someone had too sign for them. Then, a year ago, we moved back to this county. Anyhow, to make a long, convoluted story a little shorter, I finally got ahold of an immunization record copy for C.O. last year, and didn't get anything for C.J. until about a month ago, which puts her about 2 years behind on immunizations. Considering we vaxed on a delayed, selective basis anyway, that would put her maybe 3 years behind average children her age. So, now the whole finding-a-doctor thing is starting again.... aaaarrrggghhhh!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, little girls doing ballet is always such a sweet sight. I'm glad your gal likes it so much. Yay!

    Bummer about the pediatrician stuff. AUGH. That sounds like a lot of work to get that into place. (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't have your mom take pictures??? I'm still waiting on the schedule for our studio. I know I'm going to sign her up anyway...

    Speaking of signing up for things, is C.O. going to go to that environmental summer camp that K put in the newsletter? Cameron's going to go. I'm pestering everyone I know to sign up their kids too so that he will have a couple friends there.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)