...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, April 6, 2007

On Spring break...

Since we didn't do anything "educational" this week, we've decided this is Spring Break (ah, the flexibility of homeschooling). Next week, when the charter school is out for the week, we'll get back into the swing of things.

We're celebrating Easter with family tomorrow, since my sister has to work on Sunday... the joys of working for a large chain grocery store. ;) Then, Sunday, when everyone else is running around, doing the Easter thing, we get a lazy day at home! M and I decided that we would only allow the kids a little candy in their baskets this year, and instead we're concentrating on small toys - crayons, sidewalk chalk, little squirt guns, etc.

I've finally got next year all planned out, for both kids, though C.J.'s curriculum will be definately lighter than C.O.'s still. I decided to just go with the series Let's Read & Find out for science (from the library) although I do still want to browse through Jenny's copy of MPH! I have started getting great coloring books from Dover and Bellerophon to supplement history and science. There are probably a million coloring books I'd love to have, but am trying very hard to limit myself.

C.O. is riding his bike like a pro now, still free from training wheels. It's amazing how quickly he picked up on this one. But then, I am constantly amazed by him. Oh, and to share something a little funny, when is the last time you heard a 4 year old and nearly 6 year old arguing over who gets to look at the pictures of the austrolopithecus afarensis? And yes, they both pronounce it quite well.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny considering I don't even know what it is.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)