...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Sick since Saturday.... plus a milestone...

C.O. and I have been sick, sick, sick, since Saturday. It seems to be that stupid norovirus again, but I can't figure out why on earth it keeps coming back (not just us - nearly everyone I know that has had it, has gotten it again, at least once). So, we have not been doing much of anything.

Friday was fine - we went to park day, the sun was shining, it was lovely. The kids brought their toy tractors and played in the sand for a couple of hours. I had a great, and very interesting, discussion with another mom about homeschooling in general, and unschooling in particular, while my little girl played with her little girl, and C.O. built sand caves. Then we came home, and wrapped up the evening by watching Disney's Peter Pan together.

Sickness hit at about 3 am on Saturday. It's weird, because we have bouts of feeling fine, and then we're horribly sick again. C.O. felt good for about an hour yesterday, which brings me to the milestone - we took the training wheels off his bike! After only 2 passes with my help, he got it! My little guy can ride like crazy now! He was out there doing loops, going fast, going slow, using his brakes. It was absolutely great to watch! He's anxious to show off for everyone, but then he got sick again, poor little boy, so he'll have to wait. I tried to go to work this morning after another miserable night, got through all of about 10 minutes, and got sent home. So, I am missing my anthro class today, we're missing arts and crafts at 4-H, and we've managed to miss another community service meeting. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was just catching up on your blog and wanted to say WTG on getting your apartment complex to recycle! That is super cool. I think you should nominate yourselves for Community Service chairs next year. ;)

    Also, WTG on successfully passing 1st grade in Kindergarten! That's awesome. See, now I can never use a charter school because Cam will always be in the shadow of CO's genius. ;)

    Hope you guys feel better soon. You missed a great craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)