...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Looking ahead...

I have been pondering my choices for next year, and I think I have (mostly) settled on what we'll be doing, and nearly all of it is with materials I already own or can easily get from the library or secondhand. We're actually sticking with our current approach for once, instead of trying something new! You can see my outline here. It is a general outline that will continue to serve for another couple of years, though I will be adding in:

The Life of Fred books. In 2012-2013, Bug will work his way through both Fractions, and Decimals & Percents, while I plan to have Cricket work through the Elementary series over the next couple of years. We'll supplement with Math Mammoth. We enjoyed our earlier attempt at using the LOF books, but set them aside to work on some more basic skills. I am pleased we'll be able to use them in the fall!

It feels good to have some plans in place, for now and the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)