...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, April 25, 2014

It's Friday!

I must say I am glad the weekend is practically here! I'm ready to sleep in a little.

Highlights This Week...


Laughter for one, when they both wanted to ride in the front seat, which of course did not happen! But as far as homeschooling-life goes, we:

Enjoyed another episode of Cosmos

Read a few more chapters in The Wind in the Willows, and we all agree, the language is just beautiful

Made some good headway in math

Enjoyed a chapter in The Complete Book of Marvels, where we traveled to the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus (though in the book Halliburton referenced it as the "Temple of Diana", which would be Roman, not Greek, as my kids were happy to point out)

Listened to The Girl read out loud for nearly an hour yesterday - she didn't want to stop!

Watched The Boy learn some new defenses and attacks in fencing

Made two kinds of soup for a friend's mom (she's at home on hospice... cancer)

Worked on outlines and narrations/summarizing with Writing With Skill and Writing With Ease


And a Few Low-lights...

We need more consistency, but I had to take my dad to a doctor's appointment one day mid-week, and other bits of life got in the way

We did not get around to reading from either The Human Odyssey or Buddhist Stories

Not enough science this week, and we didn't do art either


This Weekend...

The Girl is skating in a demo bout at halftime during a roller derby bout. With a little more training, she should be able to actually play in the next game!

Since it is raining today (which means no park with friends), The Boy will probably attend an extra fencing class

The Boy is doing volunteer work at the bike shop on Sunday with M

Family movie night will probably be this movie -- I had never heard of it, but M previewed it and thinks we will all enjoy watching it together


So I won't classify it as a great week, but it was pretty good. I definitely have some things to work on/toward for next week!

3 comments:

  1. We loved Wind in the Willows too- and it is so funny in parts! I look forward to reading it again. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to Wind in the Willows soon! We're on Narnia right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to add The Wind in the Willows to our read aloud list. I've never read it but I see it on so many lists. I love books that are filled with beautiful language (we feel that way about George MacDonald's books).

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)