...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



We're not doing a lot to celebrate the day, though we do have a fair bit of Irish in our bloodline, but we are definitely all wearing green!

M asked that I make corned beef and cabbage, with carrots and red potatoes, so I am throwing that in the crockpot at lunch time. We don't drink, so no Guinness!

We'll listen to The Chieftains (partly because I love their music anyway), and I'm planning to make green smoothies for the kids before their sports tonight.

We're also looking forward to the Spring Equinox (Ostara)! I'm on vacation next week (woo hooo!!!), so the kids and I have plans to go hiking, and gather some wildflowers for pressing. I'd like us each to plant a small pot of flowers for our front steps too (I'm thinking pansies, geraniums, and cheerful flowers along those lines), and I have great hopes that I will be out in the garden much of the day, after making some lemon-lavender muffins for breakfast.

Dinner that day will be a frittata, with veggies to be determined, and a salad full of baby spring greens and sunflower sprouts on the side.

Now, while I will be vacationing from my jobs, and school, the kids are not on Spring Break. We inadvertantly did that the week of The Girl's birthday. So we'll be hitting the books every day I'm looking forward to having that less-interrupted time with them.

And we'll be doing yard work (lots of weeds to pull), and housework (maybe I'll rent that steam-cleaner at last!). It will be a week of caring for our home, our garden, and our learning.

Enjoy your St Paddy's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)