...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, August 11, 2006

Do you ever feel really unsure...

about something having gone either as well or as poorly as you think? I'm not at all sure how that interview went yesterday - I either did quite well or very badly, I really am unsure which. They said I would find out Monday or Tuesday next week, so I am in anticipation! I'm at the AHA for one more week I guess, and then I'll find another temp job, unless I start with the office of education.

C.O. had his first soccer pratice yesterday evening. He looked adorable, and kind of too grown-up, in his soccer gear! He seemed to mostly have fun with it, except when another kid borrowed his ball, but we talked about that afterwards, so hopefully next week, if it happens again, he'll feel better, knowing he will get the ball back. He has really good kicking skills - he can run and kick for quite a distance in a very straight line. It was great to see him interacting with so many other kids. The coach's wife commented that when they were introducing themselves (the kids that is), that C.O. was the only one saying hi to each of them clearly - I guess everyone else was kind of mumbling. Well, I certainly can't say either of my elflings are shy - they'll talk to anyone about anything... and everything! I liked the coach too - his daughter is on the team, and he seemed very gentle, firendly, and patient with the kids. At this age, their team is basically non-competative, which I think is for the best. C.O. will have 45 minutes to an hour's practice two evenings a week now.

Pathways Charter School called and they want to meet with C.O. and I next week to see if their program will be a good fit for us, and vice versa. I'm curious to see how this meeting will go - I have a lot of questions about exactly how much of the planning I would get to do, versus how much they have laid out already. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

3 comments:

  1. OMG... email me jennyberm at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 things:
    just got called as a reference so you're definitely in the running.
    is your email still the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today (or tomorrow)G. I've got everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)