...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I got the job!

There was a message on my answering machine when I got home yesterday offering me the county office of education job! So, the next few weeks will be very busy, once I get my fingerprint clearance. I'll be temporarily working TWO jobs, both part-time, through September 15th. I want to finish my job at the AHA, which is assisting with the annual Heart Walk, scheduled for September 17th. I already cleared things with my boss at the AHA to work 25 hours a week in the afternoons. After that though, I'll be down to a very part-time job just in time to really start up homeschooling for the year! I think it's a tiny bit ironic that I'll be working for the educational system I'm avoiding.

M got a call too, telling him that they may have filled the position, but that they will be calling him in the next several days. So, I am still keeping my fingers crossed on that.

Other than that, I got an "A" in my humanities class and am taking 7 units this fall - English, History, and a biology lecture series. C.O. has his second soccer practice tonight, if it doesn't rain - it's very overcast and kind of damp out here today, not summery at all.

I am still debating math programs for C.O. - I'm looking at Singapore, Saxon, and Horizons. Saxon I am afraid may be too time-consuming and repetative, though I understand it works, and with Horizons, I love the layout, the way it's taught, but am afraid it may have too many religious references for my family. I moved the meeting with the Pathways teacher to next week, as this week is just too full! One of my mom's friends sent us passes to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, so I am taking Thursday off to head down there with the elflings. I think this will be sooo much fun, except for the long drive! I may have fingerprinting this week. Busy, busy, busy.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Did you know that you can order a free sample of Saxon from their website? I was pretty sure I was going to use it until I read through the sample, lol. Waaayyyy too slow and repetitive - basically just a boring ole math book. Singapore is fun and you can add in the repitition as needed.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)