...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I've been messing with my template some more...

So I hope it works! I think the picture of the oak leaves ties in nicely with our school name, which we've finally settled on, by the way - Oak Leaf School. It's simple, so it fits, and the letterhead I am designning is looking really good with that title. Academy ended up just sounding a little wrong. I don't know why - it just didn't fit, and all the searches I did for "school" synonyms didn't help!
 
C.O. has his first real soccer game tonight - he's pretty excited! He's made a couple of friends on his team too, which is always nice. In other C.O. news, we have our first meeting with his "teacher" next week - she says she's more of a guidance person than a teacher. She taught in public elementary schools for over 20 years, but hated a lot of how they worked, so for the past two years she's been doing the homeschool program.
 
We've been working on letter writing lately. C.O. wrote a thank you letter to his grandpa, and I'm looking at getting him at least one penpal, since he absolutely loves to get mail. I am hoping C.J. can get a penpal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)