...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just got a call - UPDATED

from M. My fingerprints cleared, and tomorrow I go back for my TB follow-up. The bandaid they used left more of a mark (well, a rash really) than the shot, so it looks like I am good to go with my new job! Now they want to schedule an orientation with me, so I am waiting for them to return my call returning their call!

Still waiting for any news on the job front for M. Good news - he finally almost has his own transportation. His mom loaned him the money to buy a second-hand motorcycle. Now he just needs his license and insurance. It'll be nice - it's kind of hard having a husband that doesn;t drive. I'd rather him not drive a car since he's terrified of doing it, though he's always been fine on motorcycles.

The cold going through our family is finally subsiding. I've been sleeping in the kids room the last 2 nights to listen to C.J.'s breathing - I've been worried about her getting sick ever since she had RSV at the age of seven months. Fortunately for both the kids and I, they've each been sick maybe 3 times in their entire lives. C.O. has had 2 cold now, and had the flu once. C.J. had RSV and then she's had two colds (including this one) since. I don't know exactly why we don't generally get sick, except that we do take vitamins (extra vitamin C) and every few months or so, or when we're feeling a little draggy, we take echinacea and goldenseal. Right now we're taking the extra vitamin C and a little extra zinc, and the colds are really clearing up. Both kids actually slept last night without coughing. It is bothering M more because it's gotten into his chest, probably because of his asthma. But even he sounded better on the phone today.

Been playing around with my homeschool blog - I think I switched templates 6 or 7 times!

UPDATE - I go in for orientation next Tuesday and start next Friday! WhoooHoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)