...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A busy, busy week....

With M starting his new job and all, it's been a busy week so far! School-wise, we spent Sunday through yesterday doing a good amount of book work. I printed a few planet coloring-and-fact pages from Enchanted Learning for the kids, which they then colored according to the planet poster hanging on our kitchen wall (National Geographic fold-out posters are such great resources!). C.O. has done pages of math, a few lessons on Easy Word Families, read aloud from Dr. Suess's Fox in Socks, worked on map legends in Maps Graphs Globes, and listened to numerous books, both fact and fiction. C.J. has worked on writing letters and numbers, sorting objects, and listening to the many books we read aloud.

Today, after my meeting with C.O.'s teacher, we decided to take the rest of the day off from homeschooling (book work anyway), and instead set the timer and cleaned the kitchen! The entire floor was covered in Legos and Tinkertoys when we started, and now it has been mopped, the dishes have been washed & put away, and split pea soup is simmering in the crockpot. I also got 2 loads of laundry done, so it has been a productive afternoon. I find I have much more energy when I do things, as opposed to when I am just lazy, though lazy can be very nice too. I like the sense of accomplishment, as do my children, from getting the kitchen or bedroom cleaned. Now we'll have time to play Candyland before my evening class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)