...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Getting behind...

on housework, again. Oh well, there are other things in life! I blame it on the flu - honestly, it's not my fault (even though I could be cleaning instead of typing this). C.O. got it at 3 in the morning on Friday - starting puking practically nonstop, and had horrendous stomach pain. It was actually bad enough that I took him in to Urgent Care to get something to stop the vomiting, and they got all panicked that it might be appendicitis. You can imagine how that made me feel! So we came home, with anti-nausea meds, and went back later that evening to make sure it was really just the flu. Anyhow, long story semi-short, he is better now.

Sunday we went to Howarth Park for the day, since the kids seemed back to normal. They rode the train, the merry-go-round and the ponies! C.J. looked so tiny on top of the big pony she specifically asked to ride. Both children loved the ponies best. We also took a slow walk around Lake Ralphine. This tired them both out so much that they actually took naps when we got home! When he woke up, C.O. read aloud a Superbook to me - he is getting a lot better when he's not whining about reading!

Monday, we went to look at a rental. Found a really cute Craftsman style home out in the country, on 2 acres... ducks, chickens & peacocks everywhere. We love it, but our income might be a little low for their standards, so we'll see! We also did math and some handwriting (both kids). I got Saxon Math K for $12, for C.J. to start on next year for "preschool" work, so I've been pouring over that.

Today, I had class and have to study for Thursday's mid-term. I'm also baking a gazillion cupcakes for a work-thingy tomorrow. I have a feeling that the next few weeks will involve lots of cupcakes - C.J. wants them both on her birthday and at the park day and/or 4-H meeting closest to her birthday. C.O. is playing with a friend from another apartment at the moment, then while dinner finishes cooking we'll do math and a lesson from Easy Word Families.

That's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hope you didn't pick up that sicky germ here. Sounds like just what we had.

    You may be behind on your housework, but I'm behind on reading what you sent me on how to catch up on my housework! LOL. I think it's a Freudian slip of sorts.

    Good luck on your mid-term. See you at the park Friday, if it doesn't rain?

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)