...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What a week this is starting out to be...

Only midway through this week and my head is whirling. M is really enjoying his new job, and already, after only one day of being outside the home, he is much more cheerful, more like himself, which is great because in all honesty, he was getting kind of bitchy. ;) Between school, my job, his job (and transportation there & back), homeschooling & college, I feel like I am going nonstop. Don't get me wrong - it's not all bad. I'd rather be busy than bored! I also have a few events at work I am getting ready for - a small meeting today (I made the signs), another training tomorrow (signs, name tags, sign-in sheet, etc.), and Firday - a HUGE state-mandated training, over 100 people. I am handling all the signs, name tags, sign-in sheets, set-up, etc. I will be very glad when Friday morning is over, and then I get two 3-day weekends in a row! This weekend I plan on taking the kids to visit my dad, and we're hoping to visit W, as it's been a while since we've seen him.

In other news, as we are coming closer & closer to the end of our lease, we're looking at new places to move to. The rent here is pretty high for such a small space... we really need more room. We're debating between 2 low-income townhouses, one of which is okay with a tiny backyard (but on outskirts of town, no shopping, libraries, etc. nearby), and the other being brand-new, really nice, good size, but NO yard at all, though there is a creek behind the place with a pedestrian walkway, and there is a small playground. Good points (especially for the brand-new ones): they're spacious, have washer-dryer hookups, there's a garage, walking distance to a park, the library, and grocery stores. There is also a house, with a yard, that we are looking at, BUT, it is in a "bad" part of town, but it's a 15 minute walk to work from there for M, and it's a HOUSE. I am so unsure as to which direction to go on this. Maybe if I call up the police department, I can get some more information about the iffy neighborhood. We also always have the pets to consider. I am not even sure yet if pets are accepted at the low-income places. Aaarrrgh. M says it's up to me (gee thanks). Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Out by Moorland Ave (far south region of Roseland).

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)