...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Is this too young?

C.J. has been asking at random times lately if she'll be old enough soon to get her ears pierced, which gave me the idea of taking her for a girls' lunch out and to pick out earrings, get her ears pierced, for her 4th birthday in March. Is 4 too young? My mom made me wait until I was 5. I know some people get their babies' ears pierced, but I have always wanted it to be her choice. There's a place near here that does both sides at once, which I think would be good.

Also, any ideas for birthday gifts? I feel so bad, letting her birthday essentially sneak up on me this way. At least I have a few weeks left to figure it out!

2 comments:

  1. Did I tell you that I tried to talk Cassia into getting her ears pierced a couple weeks ago? She was all over it until she found out that it's like a shot, lol. But now she's been paying a lot more attention to my earrings and I bet she will be ready by her 4th birthday in July. So no, I don't think it's too young if she wants it and if she's going to let you take care of them properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my nieces - a careful, meticulous girl - had her ears pierced at a young age and it all worked out. Her younger sister - a rough and tumble sort - had to wait several years. Maybe she ended up never getting them, I don't remember and haven't seen her ears lately to notice. So it all depends on the child, as so often happens! :-) My girl is 8 and has not brought it up. If she were to ask, I would tell her to wait because she is not careful and still wrestles too much!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)