...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

One day down...

4 to go, on my homeschool lesson plan chart, that is. Yesterday, it went pretty well. Instead of saying "we'll do some of this, some of this, and maybe that", I just looked at my lesson plan, got everything together, and then we did it! Is that what lesson plans are for? LOL. Anyhow, we started with math - C.J. did a printout on coloring and then counting from Enchanted Learning, while C.O. worked on a page of mixed math (Saxon) and a page of addition/subtraction drills (also Saxon). The mixed page included counting by 2's to 20, and then by 10's to 100, which he nailed on the first try! We are officially 1 lesson away from moving into workbook 2 for Saxon 1, so I think that will help motivate C.O. today. Then they did some jumping jacks to get their blood flowing (good idea I stole from one of Jenny's posts), and we moved into language arts. C.O. did 3 pages from his HM Phonics/Vocab/Spelling book, including a maze to review the entire alphabet, while C.J. worked on a printout for letter 'A' sounds. A few minutes of magnetix and we moved right into social studies. Both kids colored American flags and U.S. maps (again thanks to Enchanted Learning). Then we were done! After each lesson, the kids were very eager to check it off on the chart, then they each got a star for finishing. C.J. did take frequent breaks, but she has less work than C.O. so that went well, and C.O. did drag his feet with the language arts, but got through it.

We'll see how it goes today! BTW, for anyone curious, I aced my midterm!

1 comment:

  1. WTG on your midterm!

    And WTG on your schedule! I love the idea of a schedule. I don't love sticking to them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)