...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

5/15... phew!

Got the work thing all figured out today - I will be working through June, which means I can afford July-mid August off with, at most, 2 weeks temp work, which leaves me with FIVE lovely, blissful weeks of vacation! Plus, I got the graphic art icons done and turned in today, so I'll be getting compensated for those, and I got a request for an art class brochure, plus the person suggested I sign up as a vendor with one of the local charter schools, so that they pay me, which I hadn't thought of, so I requested a packet from said charter school. I also may have a writing gig! Turns out the matting/framing company M works for outsources article/ad writing overseas, and they may hire me to do it instead!!! It would be, on average, 1-2 pieces a month, starting in a few months as the current guy is still under contract. I am thrilled - I can tell Safeway (and the other grocery stores) never mind! So, a biiiig sigh of relief..... phew!
I guess that's enough exclamation points for one day. ;)
In other news, my back is somewhat better. I made it to work today with one of those ThermaCare wraps (these things are fantastic!), made it through my anthro class, where we watched Who Killed the Electric Car, a documentary I found disturbing, enlightening, depressing, and hopeful, all at once. Wish I could afford a hybrid.... or a diesel that I could run on biodiesel... and a strawbale home run off of solar panels. Maybe someday, when I am a famous artist, and writer. Hee hee!

C.O.'s science fair is coming up quickly (later this week!). He suddenly decided he wanted to stick with something familiar, so he will be showing his volcano:
He spent the afternoon painting volcano pictures for the backboard, and practicing his "speech". We did a page of math and an exercise from Easy Word Families. We're also working on plans for his birthday next week! C.J. has had an afternoon of Little Bear, since she was a bit cranky for school work today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - employment in your field! Congrats!

    Just wanted to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one to pacify cranky girls with cartoons, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome. Cool, G! Yay!

    And all the pictures that you've posted lately are just great. Wow, ya'll certainly do a lot of activities up north. ;-)

    "Little Bear" is so nice and calm and benign. We tape his show for such moments as you had today. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)