...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I finished my book!

I did it! I wrote a (children's) book! It is my senior project, and a longtime dream. The illustrations are not finished yet, but will be within the next couple of weeks. If I have enough courage, I'll see if I can share it here as a slideshow or some such thing.

I am totally proud of myself for completing the writing and layout. I shed tears writing the last page.

And we're done with 4H fundraising for the year! Big sigh of relief. The kids had a blast, except for the last 15 minutes of picking up trash. And, they looked great in the parade! Even M had a great time grilling chicken, for two hours, in the sun (he's the one in the black hat, to the right)



And just for fun, a couple of gratuitous shots of foam weapons-making!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so very proud of you--completion of a children's book is a wonderful accomplishment, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Would love to see some of it. We saw a homeschooling family at the convention this past weekend selling foam weapons and directions on how to make them. My daughter was very interested.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)