...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Racing toward the finish line...

3 days... 3 days and I am done with this segment of my education. It has been a challenging, and yes, difficult, semester. The latest issue is the fact that my scanner is not working correctly, so I am illustrating each page of my children's book by hand instead of being able to add in my original borders, etc. that I did scan in. Thankfully, it does not have to be entirely finished for the due date presentation, since I also have an annotated bibliography and a written report on the entire process due that same day! While I have very much enjoyed the degree completion program, and I have made some very good friends, I am happy to reach this milestone (oh, and by the way, I haven't officially completed my degree in the "degree completion" program - I'll graduate later after a couple more classes). In the fall I enter another phase of my education: I'll be taking all the pre-requisite courses for credentialing. I'm also looking at (in another year maybe) taking a few Waldorf classes, since the process and ideas of Waldorf are very intriguing to me.

Speaking of Waldorf, I had almost given up on Oak Meadow as a choice for next year. Until today, that is. Today, a lovely woman from one of the yahoo groups I belong to offered to sell me her 4th grade syllabus, acompanying teacher's manual, and the Oak Meadow book of Indian Legends at a more than reasonable price! I am so thrilled! To have art, history/social studies, language arts, and science all in one.... not to mention the integration of art and hands-on crafts into every subject. Now I can casually keep an eye out for a 2nd grade syllabus, casually since I don't need it until August.

On another note, my boy will be NINE the day after tomorrow! Can you believe that? NINE!?! It is just mind boggling for me. I am done shopping for the joyous day, and am crossing my fingers that the rain stops so that he can share cake with his friends at the park.

3 comments:

  1. Happy One-Day-Early Birthday to Elf!

    Wow...nine. That's so close to the two digit numbers, I don't even want to consider it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your exciting school-related, curriculum-finding, birthday-celebrating news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you use OM Math, I have both 4th and 5th grade for sale.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)