...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A little brag...

I got the official letter today... here is a small excerpt:

Dear Ms. -------:
On behalf of the Graduate Committee and the Department of English, I am delighted to inform you that you have been accepted to the M.A. Program in English at --------- University for the fall semester 2012.

And so on, and so forth.

I did it! I made it into grad school! They have a two year outline for completing the program... I think it'll take me four.

I also met with an English professor at the local community/junior college today, and am now officially a reader for two of her classes (meaning I read and grade papers). She wants to keep me on for the fall semester as well, and wants me to possibly be her teacher's assistant for a remedial writing class! She also told me that I chose a good time to pursue this, as about 80-90% of the English professors in our county, and the surrounding ones, are looking at retirement in the next 3-5 years. A foot in the door, and the possibility of more!

What a good day!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:49 AM

    CONGRATULATIONS and best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool indeed:) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)