...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sheer Simplicity...

I came across this schedule for a sixth grader the other day, and WOW! Now this is something we could do! I'll go ahead and type it up here, a little abbreviated....

Monday-Thursday
Math (30 minutes)
Language Arts (60 minutes)
Good books/Literature (60 minutes)
Science (30 minutes)

Friday
History (60 minutes)
Philosophy (30 minutes)
Art (30 minutes)
Music (30 minutes)
Cartography (30 minutes)


I showed the schedule to The Boy, and I swear the kid started drooling. Reading and science daily? Oh yes...

Wish they had a sample 4th grade week up!

Wouldn't that honestly be the easiest homeschooling pattern to manage? And so, so much less planning.

2 comments:

  1. That really does look great! I have a rising 6th grader as well, so it's perfect timing to see this in your post....and you're right, it's definitely do-able. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish I'd seen this when my kids were younger.

    And thanks for reminding me of that book list. Your comment about it made me smile. It would be awful if Christians only read Christian books! :-)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)