...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Speculations... Summer "School"...

Plans for summer 2012...

California history: Good books to read, and lots of fun field trips planned!

Science: I plan to have the kids pick out experiments to try from 101 Great Nature Experiments (lots of outdoorsy stuff in there!), and I would like to finish reading The Story Book of Science aloud.

Math: I'm considering getting this.

Reading: I want Bug to read for at least half an hour a day, which is NOT a problem. Cricket and I will continue daily work in either The Reading Lesson and/or Phonics Pathways.

Family Read Alouds: There are some books I would like to read aloud this summer, including (but not limited to) Gone Away Lake, Return to Gone Away, and more of the Melendy Quartet (we've read The Saturdays.)

Other than that, there will be hiking, some camping (I hope!), gardening, swimming, lazy afternoons at the park, and so on and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)