...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Thoughts... Scheduling...

While I dislike having to follow a schedule, I think, at least in my case, that it is almost necessary. The children have activities they would like to be involved in this year, I have classes one afternoon/evening a week, and work five mornings a week, and so forth and so on. I have thought a lot about different approaches, different schedules, and I think we can work with this...

Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays:
Lunchtime documentary/educational show
Afternoon Basket (literature, social studies, history, living math & science, etc.)
Math
Language Arts
Science, at least a couple of times a week
Rotating special focus: geography; art; music; nature studies; fun science projects; history-related projects; cooking... you know, all the extras we never get to!
Additionally, Mondays will have track and roller derby; Wednesdays track and possibly piano

Tuesdays:
Lunchtime documentary/educational show
And then, just math-related reading, and basic language arts, plus a story or two (I have school this day)

I think this will work. I am purposefully trying to keep it very simple. Less is more, right?

1 comment:

  1. I really like your idea of the rolling special focus. Changing things up will make it more interesting for all of you, I would think.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)