...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Smatterings... Unusual History Books...

Since The Boy will be starting -- gulp -- high school next year, and will be doing the Big History Project, we decided to just have fun with some history this year. Actually, we're focusing mainly on world geography, and reading history just once a week as part of the Afternoon Basket. So I've been gathering unusual/outside-the-box titles to add to the rotation and thought I would share!

Our Current Book: Poop Happened: A History of the World from the Bottom Up... We got a good chunk of this book read early in the summer, but then it was requested by another library patron, so we're working on finishing it.


And then of course, there are entire series, such as Horrible Histories, Very Peculiar History, and the You Wouldn't Want to Be... series. I am sure there are plenty more books out there, so if you know of any fun, history-related books, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. quite a fun list! My oldest is doing Big History Project this year and loving it. I am too!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)