...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I've been...

doing a lot of inner work with my Medicine Cards lately. M says he hates them because they're always right and it freaks him out, but I enjoy them. I think that these, along with tarot and other divination cards, are great tools for delving into the subconcious. I don't think that they give me messages from somewhere else - it all comes from within, and how you interpret the message you're giving yourself, if that makes any sense at all.
Anyhow, it's interesting - the spread I did last night told me that 1. recently I have had trouble with staying true to myself and the path I have chosen. True - look at my internal/external debate over homeschooling. Since I settled back into the path I laid out more than 5 years ago, I have felt much more comfortable. Then 2. I need to be around people of my own gender more, and to draw on the energies of being around other women, which I find interesting because the office I work in has no men. Finally, 3. I need to respect myself and others fully. This is always true, and no, I don't think I have a lot of self-respect, and yes, I do sometimes make snide judgements about others. Lot to think about anyway. I keep getting the Beaver card too, which is about teamwork. Teamwork at home, in the offie, in life in general.
On another topic, I've lost 8 pounds thus far. Just plain healthy eating, and a little more exercise, though I could be doing more.
Yet another topic - do you let your kids watch TV? Limited or unlimited time and/or topics? I do let mine watch some, a few nights a week before bed, but only tapes/dvds, and some educational programming. Last night they watched The Great Muppet Caper, which they thought was hilarious. I don't believe in plopping my elflings down in front of a TV screen mindlessly day in and day out, and frankly I find the amount of television kids supposedly watch (like 5 hours a day) is far too much. And then people wonder why childhood obesity rates are soaring! Children should be encouraged to use their minds and bodies actively, not be encouraged to vegetate in front of a box.
Stepping down off my soapbox for the day.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to read cards one of these day. I am glad you are finding some answers and peace in what you read. Great job on the weight loss, that is awesome. It just starts to come out of now where. I think I tried not to focus on it and it finally just happened.

    As for TV we have the TV or radio on all day, just for background noise moslty. But If it gets to be a certain time of night I will let the kids wind own with a movie or something. They do watch the cartoon channels to thought. But I like to think we are still okay with activity and sharing time together.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)