...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

I don't know what to do...

First, it looks like I'll have to find another temp job for now. There's a holdup on my dream job due to bad credit, which I am working to rectify, but it takes so long. There's a letter being sent to me, and then I have to write a letter back, etc., but in the meantime, from conversations I've overheard, the AHA doesn't have money in the budget to keep me on as a temp. This totally sucks, because they're not telling me this to my face yet, and if they're not going to keep me right now, I need to let the temp agency know so I can get other work. M still doesn't have work, despite sending out a bunch of applications and calling the temp agency every week with his availability, so we're depending on having money coming in from me.

Second, I am still torn in homeschooling versus public schooling. I guess a lot of it depends on how much I will actually be working. I had always planned, before even getting pregnant with C.O., on homeschooling. Then I guess I fell into that thing where everyone's saying "have you enrolled him in school yet?" and so forth, and I started doubting myself. There are so many fun things I would like to do with the kids as far as homeschooling goes, but then I worry that they won't be properly socialized, or they'll fall behind, even though they are ahead right now, intellectually. C.O. isn't sure either what he wants to do, but then he's 5, so I don't expect him to know what kind of schooling he really is ready for.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

1 comment:

  1. so sorry about the dream job issues, I hope they can understand and work it out so you can have it.

    If you have always planned to homeschool don't let others pressure you into something you don't want to do. Of course there is lots and lots of preparation but if you can handle go forth with that plan to homeschool. If you change your mind last minute yes you have time, of course it eases tension if it is just taken care of but around here you have all summer to get the kids enrolled.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)