...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, July 31, 2006

Private or charter school...

The debate continues. There are benefits to both, and drawbacks to both, so choosing isn't easy. If we go with the private school option, I don't have to file any paperwork until October of 2007, and C.O. has already named the school - OakLeaf School. However, then it really is up to me to make sure they're learning what they should.
My interview today went pretty well, I think. If they liked me enough, they'll call me back for a second interview with the director. Keep your fingers crossed!
I'm in the throes of writing my mom a letter explaining homeschooling - how and why we want to do it. Hopefully she'll come around to the idea. She loves spending time with the elflings, and having C.O. gone more than half the day will make it much harder to have that time. I am trying to be gentle and nonconfrontational about it.
Anyone out there who reads this and has opinions on private vs charter, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. wish I could be more help. I was all for charter schools, mostly because of the cost being much lower. But I understand the private aspect too. I was public school all the way, so was Hubby and so will the kids be, unless we start to forsee problems in their education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mom will at the very least respect that it is up to you to raise your children with your husband, how you both see fit. While her opinions and feeling are welcomed and considered, ultimately it is your choice! You have gone well beyond the call of duty to get some understanding from your mom! You are a good Daughter!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)