...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, July 28, 2006

I just want to cry...

and cry and cry. I really wanted this job - it was my dream job, with good pay, flexible part-time hours, good coworkers, and so on. I don't get to have it. Why? Because I am poor. Because I have been the only financial support for my family for over two years. Because I have past medical bills I can't pay right now. Not because I am a criminal, not because I have a poor record of employment, but because I am not financially blessed. I am less than $6,000 in debt, total, which is far less than most Americans. I have one past due credit card. ONE. I don't lie, cheat or steal. I work hard, I have excellent work attendance. Not good enough. Because I have a bad credit report, I get treated like I have been a criminal, like I'm going to rob or otherwise injure the American Heart Association.

3 comments:

  1. G, as someone else with not perfect credit, I completely feel your pain in this. I'm so sorry and wish there was more I could do to help. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry. something better will come along. can you talk to them about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so very sorry. I don't understand their strickness(is that a word?) I applied for a government job that isn't that strick.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)