...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm past the crying stage...

I wrote a letter to the human resources department today, asking if there's any way I could have the job on a trial basis for maybe six months, during which time I will make every effort to show them that 1. I can do the job (which I think the people I actually work with already know), and 2. I really am working to improve my stupid credit.

On the other hand, I have an interview Monday for a 15 hour a week job with the Sonoma County Office of Education. So we'll see how that goes. I got a letter of recommendation from my current boss, which should help.

Also today, we added a new member to our family. His name is Donovan, he's nine weeks old, fog grey and very fluffy. He's beautiful! He's used to kids and dogs so the adjustment is going well. I also filled out paperwork for Pathways, so we'll see if we get in. I'll only have to take C.O. in to meet with a teacher once a month, and from all the paperwork, etc., I'll still be doing most of the actual lesson planning/curriculum development. If we like it, we'll stick with it, if not, we're free to legally withdraw at any time.

Thanks to my two commentators for the sympathy. Today I am in more of a spot where I can actually believe that there are other options out there!

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the job. I wish they would just realize what you are trying to do and that people makes mistakes and crap happens . It is just so odd to me you are good enough to work their from a service but not to be fully emplyed there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wrong that they can use your credit history to determine if you can have a job or not! In Canada that is called DISCRIMINATION and it is illegal!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)