...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, March 1, 2010

Thinking about math...

Living books for math

Books
Math Games
The Sir Cumference series by Cindy Neuschwander
Family Math
I Hate Mathematics
Math for Smarty Pants
Mental Math in the Primary Grades

Life Lessons with Junior (series)

Games
Noble Knights of Knowledge
Giggle Facts
There are lots of computer games too....

Supplementary Worksheets
Math Mammoth Blue series

Of course, I'll probably end up sticking with a regular math program of some sort, but I am open to change, and one year off from a formal math curriculum wouldn't do too much harm, would it?

3 comments:

  1. I hate math. Hate it. It scares me to death. I had to change my major in college b/c I could not pass college algebra.

    I plan to use as many games & hands on activities as possible with Benjamin--so I agree 100% with your plan to switch things up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Have fun with this! We do a combo of math "work" and math games; the games definitely work out well.

    Hey, can you do me a favor? I changed the address to which I publish my blog. It is now:

    http://athenaacademyhomeschooling.blogspot.com/

    Can you tell me if you still see my blog updates (from yesterday) in your list on Blogger, or if you need to update the address to see them?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Hm, OK. Pain in the butt the. I'm going to change it BACK to http://freya-betweentheworlds.blogspot.com.

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)