...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Got my haircut all done...

I like it a lot, though it's shorter than it has been in years, just past my shoulders. But, it looks much healthier, and maybe it will dry faster (I hate blowdriers). M says it looks "pretty good", and the elflings said they love it.

New job is going well. I've picked up an additional 6-10 hours a week for now, until about November. I do have one very annoying coworker, but that's to be expected, and maybe she thinks I am just as annoying! I'm finally getting the hang of all the little tasks I have to do every day to make all the big tasks go more easily.

School is going pretty well. I'm doing my big English Lit project on Isabel Allende, whose books I highly recommend! I just need to space out my homework a little better so that I don't end up cramming it all in on Tuesday night (classes are on Wednesday). Next Friday, I also have another biology lecture, this one on environmentalism, so I am really looking forward to it.

The elflings are doing well - C.O. is maintaining his first grade level of work with school, so I am very, very proud of him. C.J. is learning her alphabet and working on counting higher (she gets to 14 now).

Other than that, things are going well. I am getting better at balancing things - educating my children and myself, work, home life, and even some time for myself, which may sound a little selfish, but I think it's healthier to take a few minutes alone here and there than to get overstressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)