...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Met with the "teacher" today...

Not sure what to call her, since she insists she's not the teacher... anyhow, the meeting went well. She is very impressed with what C.O. has done, which is a load off my mind! I am still glad we're going through Orchard View for his kindergarten year, but am still looking forward to next year when we'll strike out on our own. She gave me some worksheets/coloring sheets to back up all the Earth studies C.O. has been into lately, and we built a fantastic volcano - I'll post pictures later.
 
I'm getting better at spreading out the workbook stuff we do, so that C.O. doesn't feel overwhelmed by it at any point. Now if I can just spread out my own homework that well! I should be playing catch up right now, but am taking a break.
 
Today we're doing some math (maybe 2 pages and building some block towers) then I'll let C.O. choose from HWOT or HM Phonics (usually he'll choose to do both). C.J. is getting better at identifying capitol letters from her coloring/activity book, and she loves to sing a mixed-up version of the ABC's. She is trying to decide between ballet classes and gymnastics - I think there's a place around here that will let her try out a lesson for $5, so I think we'll try that before actually enrolling her in either one. C.O. has decided he wants to try out martial arts or gymnastics when soccer ends in November, probably martial arts, which is very readily available around here. C.J. is also interested in martial arts, but I am not sure she's old enough for any of the classes around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)