...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, January 25, 2008

Cough, cough, cough...

My elf and my fairy are sick. Reminds me that I am lucky they don't get sick often! Right now they're curled up in blanket nests on the family room couch, eating nice warm oatmeal (a favorite breakfast around here) and watching Little Bear. And coughing. At least I am at home today, and it's raining, so we couldn't have gone to a park day anyway. I am keeping my fingers crossed that next Friday will be sunny, or at least dry, since I have that whole day off.

Maybe today we'll finally get around to our science classifying project! Cyrus says he feels well enough to "do school" today since we haven't done anything the last 2 days. I'll keep it light though. And I have some homework for my algebra class and for child development that I can do.

But, while the kids are entertained otherwise, I will sip my coffee (trying to drink it before it gets cold), and catch up on other blogs! Oh, but before I forget, I got a response from the city secretarial job I applied for, and I have been "invited" to stage two of the hiring process - a two and a half hour test, mainly showing that yes, I can read, and write, and do basic calculations, etc. All the basic secretarial stuff. Its not until February, but that will get here soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Oh congrats on the second interview! How exciting!

    Now how is it that your kids and my kids came down with the exact same thing at around the exact same time when we haven't seen each other for weeks? Or has it been months? I don't even think your kids see the same kids as mine do on a regular basis. Funny how germs travel.

    Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)