...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Good homeschool day...

Actually an all-around productive day, though I did have to work a full evening (closing) shift too. Anyhow, I got 2 loads of dishes done, all the kitchen surfaces cleaned, a load of laundry out of the way (okay, it does still need to be folded... and put away, but it's clean), and we did homeschooling! Elf has moved on to logging temperatures (to the nearest 10 degrees) in his Meeting Book, instead of just filling in a "hot, warm, cool or cold" graph. Then he did one math page (a word problem, some money problems, addition of 10 + two-digit numbers, angles, etc.), 3 pages in ETC (mostly on his own!!!), two pages in his geography work book, and a coloring page of the human heart. Fairy also colored a heart, did one page of matching numbers to groups of animals, and worked on a page of "D" sounds. Not only did they both do well today, but they did it all willingly!

Then I ran off to work!

I have revamped my spring schedule at school. I dropped the History class, although it sounded really good, because I need to get another child development class (Developmental Stages of Childhood) out of the way before I transfer, plus they have the needed class online! So I got to move my math class to a slighter later time, instead of 7 am. Makes it easier for me, and the kids, since I have to drop them off at my mom's before I head off to class. So I will now have algebra, biology, and child development. Not too terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)