...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Looks like I'm going to...

have to start making my own granola again. I bought a box of Peace granola the other day, and the box is already nearly empty! Elf and Fairy each ate two bowlfuls this morning alone. Its just cheaper, and even better, homemade.

I started my spring semester yesterday. First, algebra. The professor seems okay - he has an oddball sense of humor that it pretty interesting, and he explained things well, so far at least. I do like my biology professor, who is very much into ecology, and thinks there is a lot more to learning than memorizing stuff to spew out on tests, so a lot of our work will have to do with writing. We also get to draw a lot, for the lab component, which is right up my alley! He also encouraged us to look at Amazon, etc., for the text book to save money, and I just ordered mine for 88 cents (plus shipping of course). I don't know much about my child development or typing teachers yet, as those classes are online.

In the world of child-education, we did math yesterday, as well as phonics, where Elf is working on ending sounds rather than beginning ones. He again did the work himself, with very little help! In his class, he made a counting "necklace", using 10 beads of each of ten colors, since we do a lot of math that involves tens right now. We also read a little about Egypt in SOTW, since we are starting our Egypt unit this week. Fairy also did some math, and worked on what was more or less a review in her Code book (she had to match 8 items to their beginning sounds). Today's plans are math, phonics, handwriting and science.

Here's a link to an Egyptian project we plan on doing over the next month - looks like a lot of work, but a lot of fun too! I think rather than painting, as recommnded on the site, I may have Elf color with coloring pencils as much as possible.

Today I also need to schedule a physical for myself (I figure at 35 I had better get an idea of my cholesterol, etc.), a 5 year checkup for Fairy (in the next month or so), and dentist appointments for all. Yaaaay, ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. Can you post your granola recipe please? So many people rave about homemade granola and I've just never done it. I like the Peace Vanilla Almond Crunch but it's so sweet! We tried a cereal sample in the store today (Puffins) and I asked Cameron how it was and all he said was, "Wow, that's sweet!" LOL, I guess I've trained them right.

    PS Thanks for worrying about me. :) I updated for you.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)