...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not much to update...

We've had a slow several days here, i.e. nothing exciting. I did get my homework done... and I requested transcripts to be sent to my fall college program-to-be (I hope). It's the degree completion program I think I've mentioned before, where I would do all my school at home and go in once a month for a Saturday. Elf calls it "homeschool college".

Elf has finished with the first half of Saxon Math 2 as of this week, which means he gets to start a new workbook. He also is reading more and more stuff aloud, including whole books like Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, which is a book he really adores. He's also working on the decorative print-outs for his Egyptian tomb model.

Fairy has decided that she is very angry with me because she can't read yet. She does not want to have to know all her letters and basic phonic recognition, etc. She wants to read paperback books with 300+ pages. After all, I can read them, so why can't she? Obviously this is completely my fault.

And that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)