...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, January 15, 2007

Goo... plus the last few days...

It's been a busy weekend thus far (we have today off too for Martin Luther King Day). Friday: as far as school goes we did some math and worked through Hop on Pop, which C.O. enjoyed a lot more than his readers. I then read Grasshopper on the Road out loud. In the evening, my BIL came over for dinner and movies - we watched Kung Fu Hustle, which was a bizarre, but somewhat funny movie. Saturday, we went to vist & have lunch with one of my co-workers, which was pretty nice. Then, when we got home, BIL was still here, so the kids asked him to play Tinkertoys, which he did for about 2 hours. We read a couple of stories - Uncle Elephant, and Amelia Bedelia, but other than that we didn't sit down for much! C.O. spent a good bit of time outside on his scooter, while C.J. alternated between her scooter & collecting leaves.

Yesterday, we started out with story time - Outside Over There, and The Bee Man of Orn. Then we went to the park and played with D4 and H3, while their mom and I chatted and played pass-the-baby (she has a beautiful 2 month old girl). The kids ran, played kick-ball, climbed like monkeys, and C.J. and I built fairy houses out of sand, twigs, leaves and tiny pebbles. She is very much into fairies lately, which is fine because I think I have just about every fairy book under the sun... like Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Album, Good Fairies/Bad Fairies, the Flower Fairies, etc. When the wind got too cold and harsh, we came home, had a late lunch, and then went off to the grocery store.



At home again, we made GOO! Cornstarch + water + food coloring = hours of slimy, bizarre fun! The only drawback was because I added a little too much food coloring, so the kids' hands are now a faint and ghoulish greeny blue. I'm very, very glad I put newspaper everywhere before we started - it made cleanup really easy. Aren't their garbage bag art smocks nice? Anyhow, it gave me time to cook dinner, unload & reload the dishwasher, and make banana-blueberry muffins.

1 comment:

  1. I like the garbage bag smocks! Mine wear old flannels, which work fine until the sleeves unroll and then we end up with paint (or whatever) cuff prints all over, lol. I've been meaning to make that stuff forever. One of these days....

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)